My first bake after the birth of baby Ian…
Wanted to try baking cranberry oatmeal cookies for a long time..but couldn’t find the time to do it until today. With my sprained wrist. Yes sprained. All because the other day, geh kiang (read acted smart) exerted too much force to break an un-thawed fish. How stupid. In the end suffered from unnecessary pain.
So my bake today were accomplished with the help of Daddy and Zann when baby Ian was asleep. Not an easy task but still made it.
Follow me on http://followgram.me/cendrine to get my updated daily snippets.
Recipe for the cranberry oatmeal cookies
90g butter, softened at room temperature
50g caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
100g wholemeal flour
100g rolled oats
60g dried cranberries, cut into smaller chunks
- Preheat oven to 170 degC. Line baking trays with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until the mixture turns pale and fluffy
- Dribble in the egg gradually. Mix well after each addition. Add in vanilla extract, mix to incorporate into the batter.
- Sift the flour over the batter, fold in with a spatula.
- Add rolled oats, sultanas and dried cranberries. Mix well with the spatula.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the prepared baking tray. Flatten each cookie dough slightly with the back of a fork, keeping the shape as even as possible.
- Bake for 10 mins or until golden.